JOB SUMMARY: To provide front line supervision to ensure individual account executives achieve assigned monthly and annual sales objectives and budgets as determined by market business plans. Further, the Sales Manager utilizes a market asset based business strategy and focus as a means to achieve annual revenue growth objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Implements and ensures compliance with advertising sales objectives with the understanding that the SM core focus is on all facets of revenue growth over prior year and current year budget objectives.
- Oversees and monitors all areas of the account executives’ daily assignments.
- Functions as a business leader utilizing core leadership principles in recruiting, training, motivating and developing a group of account executives into a cohesive team in order to increase productivity and meet/exceed minimum sales expectations/requirements.
- Establish rates, which account for the inherent value of the market assets and ensure that AEs adhere to rate structures when presenting proposals to clients and prospects.
- Ensures account executives have a clear understanding of the marketplace including client profiles, competitive media, strategies, and DMA growth potential.
- Sets performance expectations up front and holds account executives accountable to those expectations continuously throughout the account executives’ tenure with the organization. Conducts performance reviews and takes appropriate progressive disciplinary action when needed in conjunction with the General Manager and Human Resources.
- Creates and reviews quarterly and annual sales goals for Account Executives.
- Serves as a positive role model and example to all employees under the Sales Managers charge by adhering to all Adams Outdoor Advertising company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assists the General Manager in the development of budgets.
- Conduct or actively participate in all mandated sales meeting through presentation of relevant materials and information. Embraces change within a business context as a positive force, which is essential in allowing Adams Outdoor Advertising to achieve exceptional financial/business results.
- Keeps engaged with the broader media advertising community within the market in order to continuously source and recruit for potential top flight talent to join the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Five years advertising or relevant sales experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate others and work under pressure.
- Ability to keep abreast of competitive conditions.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.