JOB SUMMARY: Manages the development of new billboard construction from identification of new sites through entitlements. Aids in targeting strategic acquisitions of existing inventory, and aids in other departmental work as needed. In coordination with the General Manager and the Senior Real Estate Manager, ensures growth in real estate assets in order to meet Market and Company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Real Estate Responsibilities:
- Liaison with General Manager,Sr. Real Estate Manager on all issues pertaining to Real Estate Department functions.
- Work with state team on new lease identification, negotiation, maintenance and security.
- Handles activities associated with permits for acquisition, maintenance, renewal and security.
- Grow and enhance the real estate portfolio through new development, digital conversions of existing assets, easement acquisition, and additional billboard acquisitions under the direction of the General Manager and Senior Real Estate Manager.
- Development and maintenance of lease files.
- Market point of contact on zoning issues including, but not limited to, variances, rezonings and conditional use permits.
- Negotiates lease rent reductions when and where appropriate.Work collaboratively with other departments within the DMA and the AOA footprint in Michigan.
- Liaison with Legal Counselors/Representatives regarding real estate, zoning, real estate- related litigation, and government affairs.
Government Affairs Responsibilities:
- Liaison with Senior Real Estate Manager on all issues pertaining to Government Affairs functions.
- Market point of contact on community relations activities.
- Functions as government liaison at the local and state level.
- Serves as regulatory liaison for the market (DOT, FHWA, et.al.)
- Liaison with trade associations at the local and state level.
- Coordinates market/site visits, if required, for any and all government/regulatory officials.
- Initiates grassroots efforts on local and state and national issues when requested.
- Keeps General Manager and Senior Real Estate Manager informed of all pertinent Real Estate and Government Affairs activities and information.
- Travels to meetings as required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by General Manager or Senior Real Estate Manager.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Business or a closely related field
- 5 years in outdoor advertising or related experience with preference for OOH real estate leasing and development, ordinances & bylaws, municipal approval, planning and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication and public presentation skills.
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job