JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates Real Estate and Government Affairs activities of the Market interfacing with both the Market General Manager, Vice President of Real Estate and Director of Real Estate to ensure that the department is in alignment with and contributing to meeting Market and Company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Real Estate Responsibilities:
- Liaison with Corporate Office on all issues pertaining to Real Estate/Leasing.
- Market point of contact on new lease identification, negotiation, maintenance and security.
- Handles activities associated with permits for acquisition, maintenance, renewal and security.
- Coordinates activities associated with renewal lease negotiation, maintenance and security.
- Development and maintenance of lease files.
- Develops annual departmental budget as well as implementation.
- Market point of contact on zoning issues including, but not limited to, variances, extensions and conditional use permits.
- Serves in a lead capacity at the market level on lease rent payments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments.
- Negotiates lease rent reductions when and where appropriate.
- Market liaison for all other market departments within the DMA and across the AOA footprint.
- Liaison with Legal Counselors/Representatives regarding real estate, zoning, real estate- related litigation, and government affairs at the direction of the VP, GM or Director.
Government Affairs Responsibilities:
- Liaison with Corporate Office on all issues pertaining to Government Affairs functions.
- Market point of contact on community relations activities.
- Functions as government liaison at the local and state level.
- Serves as regulatory liaison for the market (DOT, FHWA, et.al.)
- Liaison trade associations at the local and state level.
- Coordinates market/site visits, if required, for any and all government/regulatory officials.
- Leads legislative initiatives on local and state and national issues where requested.
- Initiates grassroots efforts on local and state and national issues when requested.
- Keeps VP, Real Estate, Director of Real Estate & General Manager informed of all pertinent Real Estate and Government Affairs activities and information.
- Market point of contact with Corporate Office pertaining to real estate and budgetary functions.
- Travels to meetings as required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by VP, GM and Director.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Business or a closely related field
- 5 years in outdoor advertising or related experience with preference for OOH real estate leasing and development, ordinances & bylaws, municipal approval, planning and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication and public presentation skills. Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job